UrbanBackpacker.org

Muses of backpacking the globe and other activites of a few outdoor, travel, and adventure loving urbanites. Including travel info on locals we've been to.

Monday, February 20, 2006

O' Turtle Where art Thou?

Dear Fellow backpackers,

I'm not sure how many of you know how you got here, or why you're reading our posts. I know how I do. The person who started this site and had the creativity to put some time into making it look good is Edward S. Popko. I know him as my friend "Turtle". Regardless of who reads this site, how many people, age, sex, orientation, or naionality, you should understand what kind of effort Turtle has made to make this possible.

Now I'm not trying to brag or trump this up in a cocky way. On the contrary, I want to give someone credit to someone who probably wants no credit back. He's doing this for no money, and no accolades (if there are some accolades though, let a brother know....wink wink). He's doing this out of his own desire to expand the curiosity and boundries of normal people living, traveling, and experiencing things in life that take you away from the ordinary. These posts are just a moment in the life of a few writers, but can be a minute, an hour, or a day in our own worlds.

I just want to tell Turtle how greatful I am to help him "make a mark" so to speak, in the realm of free internet information. Mostly, I want to tell him how good of a friend he's always been and always will be. No matter who you are, how you feel, or who you're with, I'll always be there as a friend. I promise.

PS: NOW READ MY DAMN POSTS PEOPLE, I PROMISE THEY'LL GET JUICIER ;)

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM , Blogger Turtle said...

wow I think I am turing red over this. Thanks for brightning my day.

Elly I am back in Boston and have infiltrated the Hotel industry here so I think I will have a few good stories from that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home