UrbanBackpacker.org

Muses of backpacking the globe and other activites of a few outdoor, travel, and adventure loving urbanites. Including travel info on locals we've been to.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Administrative Notes

Administrative Notes

I have a few administrative notes about the site.  First up I have secured an AdSense account and set up advertising space on the site in order to try and raise some money based on click through traffic.  Since the ads are being generated by Google they will be content related.  For example right now there are ads related to Mozart based on the Happy Birthday Mozart posting that was posted a week or so ago.  I would greatly appreciate any comments about our ad placement.  I still don’t quite know where to place everything and would greatly appreciate layout feedback on everything.  So don’t be shy please post comments on what you think.

A few months ago I got board of the layout that I had originally created and just switched templates.  While this solved the look it unfortunately blew away all of my links and JavaScript driving things like hit counts.  I have finally taken the time to go back through it all and get back up to snuff.  Andy, I will now be able to give you some site feedback on where people are reading things from with this hit counter.  You have certainly added to our readership with peps form the Linwood checking things out, but I can tell you in a few weeks if you have driven up any of our Euro readership (Yes we do have some).

So with that all said PLEASE give us some feed back.  I am very open to moving things around and would like to keep our ad space kept as unobtrusive as possible.

Cheers,

Turtle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home