UrbanBackpacker.org

Muses of backpacking the globe and other activites of a few outdoor, travel, and adventure loving urbanites. Including travel info on locals we've been to.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Wired News: IPod Maps Draw Legal Threats

An intresting service while it lasts. I say just the nature or riding a subway provides a practical minded individual to map it out them selves. Well it seems that that is exactly what this chap has been doing in light of a few cese and disist orders received from San Francisco and NYC. Right now he is seeing about getting legal rights to printing these maps up.

We will have to see how everything pans out.

On my last trip I was carying my iPod fathfuly with me. Unfortunatly I sitll have an older Black and white display so I wasn't able to play with this nifty little hack, but totaly see the use.

Definatly one of the better travel companions (that dosn't breath air. I would still pick jill over my iPod) becuse of its entertainment pourposes and storage functionality. Almost all of the photos that are up on http://urbanbackpacker.smugmug.com were caried at one point around on my iPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home