UrbanBackpacker.org

Muses of backpacking the globe and other activites of a few outdoor, travel, and adventure loving urbanites. Including travel info on locals we've been to.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Fussen to Rothenburg


Location: on the bus

Subject:
Today we rode the bus all day. It stops in all the romantic towns along the way and the driver plays a cd discussing the area before stopping the bus to let you walk around the square, take pics, use the bathroom then pop back on. It is funny bc he has lots of dif. languages so you have to listen to german, english, and japanese all with the same corny music. It was actually really fun bc we got to see so much. We stopped in Hohenschwangau, Wieskirche, Landsberg, Ausburg, Nordlingen, Dinkelsbuhl, Feuchtwangen then finally Rothenburg. The driver set up our accomodations at a private house and another boy on our bus was going there too. I introduced myself and Ed and invited him to go on the night tour with us because i noticed he spoke english to the driver. He was so sweet and nice and ended up going to dinner with us and we hung out all night. His name is Daisuke and he is 24 and from Kioto, Japan. (check spelling later on that town). He changed his itinerary to hang with us the next day in Rothenburg and we slept happily after the annoying hostel experience.

6 Comments:

At 5:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yak. Back to school. It's time for me to go back to school again.

 
At 5:21 PM , Blogger Sam said...

Bloody spam.

Just found your blog - I came back in May from a year in Germany and reading all of this makes me miss it terribly! Munich is beautiful, one of my favourite places to go...

Have loads of fun and try and pick up some German phrases as you go, the locals will be v. impressed even if you massacre the language!

Looking forward to hearing more...

 
At 5:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just been Blogging around and came to your site. I'm trying to put a site together with the help of some friends. It's about Handwriting Analysis, and is quite interesting. Don't let some of the words like graphology and science, throw you off, if you decide to look at it. I enjoyed yours and found it honest and interesting !

 
At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bidding War for Trader Magazine Empire
I never thought of this, but it makes perfect sense. I used to read my local Trader magazines all the time.

Hello,

you got a quite interesting blog here. I really enjoyed reading here and think I'm
going to bookmark it.

My Page is a car insurance rate related
site. Check it out.

 
At 6:03 PM , Blogger Rygel said...

One day, i'll go there too! for now i'll just keep on reading (",)

 
At 8:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you publishing again. The trip sounds like fun. How about some more pictures.

Love and peace from Woodstock.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home